Tear Trough Filler
Are you tired of looking tired? As we age, the tear trough area can develop a hollow or dark circle, making us appear older and fatigued. Tear trough filler restores volume and rejuvenates the under-eye area, giving you a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
One of our preferred tear trough filler options is Redensity 2, a hyaluronic acid-based filler specifically designed for use in the under-eye area. This filler contains a combination of nutrients, antioxidants, and hyaluronic acid to nourish the skin and improve its overall texture and appearance.
Tear trough filler is injected into the under-eye area, specifically targeting the hollow or sunken area known as the tear trough. The filler is strategically placed along the groove, restoring volume and smoothing out the appearance of dark circles, hollowness, and fine lines. This helps to rejuvenate the under-eye area and create a more refreshed and youthful look.
Good candidates for tear trough filler are individuals who have concerns such as dark circles, hollows, fine lines, tired-looking eyes, or age-related changes in the under-eye area. Under-eye puffiness, also known as under-eye bags, may not be effectively addressed with tear trough filler. It’s important to consult with our doctors who determine if tear trough filler is appropriate for you.
The duration of tear trough filler results varies from person to person and depends on several factors, including the type of filler used, the amount injected, and the individual’s metabolism. Generally, tear trough filler results can last from 6-12 months. However, some people may experience longer-lasting results, while others may find that the effects wear off sooner.
It’s important to note that the longevity of tear trough filler results can be affected by lifestyle factors such as smoking, sun exposure, and stress. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and taking care of the skin around the eyes can help to prolong the results of tear trough filler treatment.
During the tear trough filler treatment, the area around the eyes is numbed with a local anaesthetic cream or injection, which minimises discomfort. Most patients report feeling only a slight pinch or pressure during the procedure.
After the treatment, you may experience some swelling or bruising, but this typically resolves within a few days. If you have concerns about pain or discomfort during the procedure, our doctors can discuss options for managing any discomfort and help ensure a comfortable experience.
Hyaluronic acid-based fillers, commonly used for tear trough augmentation, have a well-established safety profile. Like any cosmetic procedure, there are potential risks and side effects associated with tear trough filler injections. These can include temporary swelling, bruising, redness, or tenderness at the injection site.
Serious complications such as infection, allergic reactions and vascular-related issues, are extremely rare.
While migration of tear trough filler is possible, it is relatively uncommon when the procedure is performed by an experienced practitioner. Proper injection technique, appropriate filler selection, and following post-treatment care instructions can help minimise the risk of migration.
While tear trough filler is primarily used to address dark circles under the eyes by filling in hollow areas, in extremely rare cases, it can potentially contribute to the appearance of dark circles. This can occur if the filler is not properly administered, resulting in an overcorrection or uneven distribution of the filler in the under-eye area. Additionally, some individuals may experience adverse reactions to the filler, leading to inflammation or discolouration.
At Fitzrovia Clinic, Redensity 2 is our preferred tear trough filler. It is specifically formulated for use in the under-eye area and contains hyaluronic acid, nutrients, and antioxidants. This combination helps nourish the skin and improve its texture and appearance. Redensity 2 provides natural-looking results and effectively rejuvenates the under-eye area, making it an excellent choice for tear trough filler treatment.
There are several alternatives to tear trough filler that may be recommended based on your individual needs and goals. These include:
- Botulinum Toxin: This injectable treatment can be used to relax the muscles around the eyes and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It may also help to lift and tighten the skin in the under-eye area.
- Light Eyes Ultra: This treatment involves injecting a specially-formulated cocktail of vitamins, antioxidants, and hyaluronic acid into the skin to improve hydration and stimulate collagen production. It can help to reduce the appearance of dark circles and improve skin texture.
- Skin Boosters: These injectable treatments use hyaluronic acid to improve skin hydration and elasticity. They can help to smooth fine lines and wrinkles and improve the overall texture of the skin.
- Microneedling: This procedure uses tiny needles to create micro-injuries in the skin, which stimulate collagen production and improve skin texture. It can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and pigmentation in the under-eye area.
- Radiofrequency Microneedling: This treatment uses a combination of radiofrequency energy and microneedling to stimulate collagen production and tighten the skin. It can help to improve skin texture, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and improve skin laxity in the under-eye area.
- CO2 laser: This laser treatment can be used to resurface the skin and improve its texture and tone. It can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and pigmentation in the under-eye area.