Jawline filler is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment that enhances the definition and contour of your jawline, creating a more sculpted appearance. It’s a popular choice for addressing jawline concerns without surgery. By strategically placing filler, we can add volume, improve balance, and enhance the natural shape of your jawline.
This procedure is perfect for:
- Lack of jawline definition
- Jawline asymmetry
- Ageing jawlines
- A receding chin that affects the overall jawline
We use hyaluronic acid fillers, which are safe and long-lasting, providing effective, natural-looking results tailored to each patient’s unique needs and goals.
Jawline filler can help improve the appearance of jowls caused by aging and sagging skin. As we age, the skin around the jawline can lose elasticity, resulting in the formation of jowls. By strategically placing filler in the jawline area, it can support surrounding skin, reducing the appearance of jowls and restoring a more youthful look.
Jawline filler migration is a rare occurrence when performed by a skilled and experienced professional. The risk of migration can be minimised by using appropriate injection techniques and selecting the right type of filler for the treatment.
There is minimal discomfort during the treatment. A topical numbing cream or local anaesthetic may be applied to the treatment area beforehand to help minimise any potential discomfort. This helps ensure a more comfortable experience during the treatment.
When performed by a skilled and experienced professional, jawline filler can achieve natural-looking results.
Modern filler products are formulated to mimic the natural substances found in the body, such as hyaluronic acid. These fillers provide a soft and pliable consistency, allowing for precise placement and a more natural feel and appearance. The final outcome will also depend on factors such as the amount and type of filler used, and your skin’s response.
The amount of jawline filler needed can vary depending on several factors, including your individual facial anatomy, the specific concerns you want to address, and the desired outcome. The exact amount of filler required is best determined during a consultation with one of our doctors.
Remember, it’s better to start with a conservative amount of filler and add more if needed during subsequent sessions. This approach allows for a gradual and natural-looking enhancement.
The downtime after a jawline filler treatment is usually minimal. Some patients may experience mild swelling, redness, or bruising at the injection site, but this typically resolves within a few days. You should avoid touching or rubbing the treated area for at least 24 hours after the procedure to minimise the risk of infection or displacement of the filler. It’s also recommended to avoid strenuous exercise or activities that may cause sweating for at least 24 hours.
Most patients are able to resume their normal activities immediately after the treatment. Your doctor at Fitzrovia Clinic will provide you with specific aftercare instructions and advice to ensure the best possible outcome.
There are several alternatives to jawline filler that can help enhance the appearance of the jawline. Some options include:
- Dermal fillers for other areas: Dermal fillers can be used in other areas of the face, such as the cheeks or chin, to create a more defined and structured look. This can help balance out the appearance of the jawline.
- Botulinum Toxin: Botox can be used to relax the muscles in the jawline, or neck, which can help create a slimmer and more defined look.
- Fat Dissolving Injections: This injectable treatment can be used to dissolve excess fat under the chin, which can help create a more defined jawline. This is a non-surgical option that can be effective for patients with mild to moderate submental fullness.
- Radiofrequency Microneedling: This treatment uses tiny needles to create micro-injuries in the skin, which stimulates collagen and elastin production. Radiofrequency energy is then delivered to the skin to further promote tightening and lifting of the jawline.
- CO2 Laser: This uses a high-energy laser to create micro-wounds in the skin, which triggers the body’s natural healing process and stimulates collagen production. This can help to tighten and lift the jawline, as well as improve the overall texture and appearance of the skin.